Monday, February 8, 2010

Does the fact that women love false compliments?

Chunky - that rant CLEARLY proves you need to feel better about something....Does the fact that women love false compliments?
False compliments stink. I know I've got some nice features, but I also know I'm middle-age and will never look 25 again.Does the fact that women love false compliments?
Personally I hate compliments that aren't truthful. People call me pretty, but I know I'm pretty so I'm like thanks buddy! But if they were to say ';My, what an amazing nose you have!'; I would probably be annoyed because my nose is not pretty.





Of course from men I usually just assume it's to get into my pants, in which case I'm not really irritated, just complimented because they think I'm good looking enough to get into the pants of.





As for the mentally weak part, I find many people in general are mentally weak, not just women. All humans are generally easy to manipulate (just look at religion). And 90% of the population has an egg shell ego.





I, of course, am no different. Welcome to humanity my friend!
No, I don't agree.





I think everyone's different, and while some women enjoy the attention of receiving false compliments, I don't think all enjoy it.





I personally hate it. I think this is because I am very strong in opinion, and if I decide I look sh*t that day, then I don't care what anyone else says, I look like sh*t. I think people are just wasting my time, and their own, by saying false things, and it annoys me because I can't stand fake people. As for ';egg shell ego'; or ';mentally weak';, well I don't really fit either mould, but then again I'm not the best example of ';typical woman';.





Other women may like it, but I can only guess as to why. I think it's really an attention thing, they don't actually believe the compliment, they just like the fact that someone took the time to say it to them.
Actually I disagree that they take compliments easily. Then again, I guess that's usually with the more attractive ladies who've been told a billion times how hot they are. I find it hard to convince a girl that she DOES look good even when she clearly does.





Although I agree that they are quite easily manipulated because they always want to ';follow their heart'; back to the sweet and kind-hearted abusive husband back home. They have such great judgement sometimes...





That's what happens when you let emotions rule your consciousness.
i hate people giving me false compliments. i am not hideously ugly, but yet i know i am no glamour model. i don't like it when my partner tells me how slim i am. i am not that slim. i am 34 weeks pregnant and have put on a tonne. before that i was 5'3 and 135lbs, which isn't obese, but it's not that slim.





we have had arguments about it in the past. another thing he would try and tell me is that my boobs were perky. they have never been perky!





he thinks that when i admit these things i don't appreciate myself. i think that i am appreciating myself more for accepting these things and being honest about them. i actually think i have more self-respect saying that.





i know that my partner loves me and just wants to tell me what he thinks i want to hear. i prefer it when he gives me real compliments, like when he tells me that my hair smells nice. i know for a fact that my hair smells nice because i have just washed it with shampoo.
That's overgeneralizing. Many of us can see through a false compliment. Some couldn't less if they get complimented.Most know that men will say anything to get us out of our clothes.


I enjoy compliments, but they have to be genuine. Fake ones make me lol.
.... because men hate compliments? :D








We, hah, as if you were actually a woman instead of a troll boy. :D





You really think no man has ever fallen for a fake compliment on his muscles, his strength or even........the size of his junk?





We're all suckers.
I couldn't give a sh*t if a man wants to call me pretty to make me feel better, because I don't feel bad, so I don't need to feel better.





Ha, no it doesn't. You asked of our opinion %26amp; I gave you mine. Wasn't a rant in the slightest.
Your attempt at being funny and confrontational was ... well ... an epic failure. So, good try but better luck next time!
Women just love compliments in general. Whether they are true or not doesn't make us feel good. It's the compliment!
Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment